About Cardiff University
Founded in 1883, Cardiff University is established as one of Britain's leading research universities. Driven by creativity and curiosity, we strive to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligations to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. We excel in producing high quality, innovative research which translates into benefits both locally and worldwide. We have a diverse student population with students coming from more than 100 countries and with a range of backgrounds. Many of our academic staff are leaders in their fields, creating a stimulating environment for learning. Our ambition is to rank consistently among the top 100 universities in the world and the top 20 in the UK.
Why the University?
• Russell Group institution
• Top 5 university for research quality (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
• 2nd in the UK for our research impact (REF 2014).
• World-class campus facilities
• We guarantee you accommodation in your first year
• 3rd best Students' Union in the UK (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2020).
• Top 7 UK University for its careers service (Time Higher Education 2017)
• We have links with over 300 institutions and can provide you with the opportunity to embark on an overseas placement in Europe or beyond as part of your degree, or on a summer placement.
• Our range of modules mean that you can effectively tailor your degree programme to suit your particular interests and career ambitions.
• Whether you’re an absolute beginner or looking to improve your existing skills, you can study another language for free with our Languages for All programme.
Cardiff is the capital of Wales and an extremely welcoming city with over 90 languages spoken here. It has been voted the 2nd friendliest city in the UK (giffgaff) and in the top 5 most welcoming cities in the UK (Unbroken Britain). With Brecon Beacons National Park just an hour north of the city centre, and miles of golden coastline to the west, Cardiff is the perfect launchpad. With over 330 parks and gardens, we boast more green space per person than any other UK core city. From the Six Nations to the Cardiff Half Marathon, our streets, stadiums and sports centres regularly host world-class athletes and must-see events. We have an Olympic-standard white water centre, ice rink, climbing facilities and countless sports clubs.
Full list of available course areas:
UKEAS provides whole range of counselling service for your dream blueprint.