About University of Sussex
Since the University of Sussex was founded in the 1960s, their subject strengths have reflected a strong commitment to engage with the world. Sussex strives for an international outlook - to help carry out world-class research, to recruit the highest quality students and faculty, to prepare graduates for the global employment market and to inspire staff and students to make a difference in the world.
They work in partnership with many of the worlds leading universities and receive students from 120 countries. Around 20 per cent of students come from outside the UK, while the teaching community comprises staff from 50 nations. Sussex are also determined that our UK students graduate with a world view. Thats why one in seven of undergraduates spend part of their degree overseas.
The University of Sussex is a leading research-intensive university ranked top 150 in the world. It is situated in the seaside city of Brighton, just an hour from London. We have both an international and local outlook, with staff and students from more than 100 countries.
Sussex has a long history with Africa and has produced eminent alumni including Bogolo Kenewendo, Gbemisola Saraki, Bolaji Abdullahi, President Thabo Mbeki (South Africa), President Festus Mogae (Botswana), and Vice-President George Saitoti (Kenya). Sussex prides itself on preparing future leaders and graduates to engage with global world issues and to make a positive impact in the world. Little wonder why we have retained our position as the No. 1 University in the world for Development Studies for five years in a row.
Why the University?
- Develop leadership and professional skills for post-study career opportunities
- Broad range of course options including Education and Social Work; Engineering and Informatics; Global Studies; Law, Sciences; Media, Arts and Humanities; Psychology; Business; and Development Studies.
- We are the No. 1. University in the world for Development Studies (QS World Ranking - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021)
- The Sussex Business School has retained its position as “Top 10 in the UK and Top 100 in the world” (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021)
- Sussex is a Top destination for the Chevening and Commonwealth Scholars
- Strong support facilities for international students ranging from well being, academic skills, employability and general student experience
- One hour from London in the UK’s most vibrant seaside city of Brighton
Located in the beautiful city of Brighton, known as ‘London by the Sea’, the University of Sussex is the only UK university located in a national park and surrounded by the British South Downs. Our campus university is located just about 1 hour from central London and about 2 hours from France. As a student, you will have the opportunity to watch English Premiership Football at your doorstep, explore the beautiful UK countryside including landmarks like the Seven Sisters, the Devils Dyke, the Sealife Centre (oldest functioning aquarium in the world), and the Brighton Beach. Because of the university’s close proximity to London, exploring other sites, cities, and countries is very easy. Our university boast of a world class campus, globally acclaimed faculty, and unbeatable student experience.
Full list of available course areas:
UKEAS provides whole range of counselling service for your dream blueprint.